Advisory Teacher Role
- Alaskan parents in their important role as the primary teacher of their children.
- that parents and students are aware of their responsibilities within the FOCUS Homeschool.
- in assessing students’ abilities (strengths and weaknesses) and learning styles.
- appropriate learning and assessment materials.
- parent training.
- lessons and teaching strategies for parents.
- for regular contact with students and parents.
- assessments and work samples, providing feedback to parents and students.
- endeavors to individualize their children’s homeschool learning experiences.